Sunday, February 28, 2016

Learning By Doing



I was that kid in classroom that always need to write what the teacher is lecturing to be able to understand. My peers found it weird and always asked me to stop and enjoy the teachers words but to me it listening to my teacher talking was not enjoyable as I wouldn't be able to focus much with her/him.

With the presence of new tools used in classroom, educators are using different tools to suits students learning styles and their need to learn. In other words, educators in the 21st century are not the information dispensers any more but they are there in classroom to help and teach students how they learn best. For this, educators are focusing on preparing the tools and classroom environment needed to help all students in classroom to have equal chances to learn as mentioned in the first youtube video.  

For example, in my classroom I manage to balance technology and activity to make sure I respected students learning style in the same session. But most importantly is to make the classroom environment more appealing for students and make it safe environment to ensure the needed environment for them to learn.

Luckily, education should always has aim, For example is a country want to focus more on developing industry, the education plan will involve focusing on sciences and maths thus graduating more people to innovate and lead this shift. 

Finally, I would like to quote what UNESCO phrased "Learning to know, Learning to do Learning to live together and learning to be". I believe learning is a process and a cycle and every part of this quote is equally important and shall be focused on. But what grabs my attention is learning to do. I believe the future of education is going to focus more on this part, prepare students to do innovate, create and take action specially with the technology rapid pace.

I believe learning online is one of the most fruitful learning that we might have as we share and read wondering and reflections from students all over the world. This adds variety and experience and show different perspective of how to learn. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment