Friday, March 4, 2016

Growing as a student

My learning Journey is still going, I am continuing my PhD studies in Educational Technology, so basically many factors shaped me as a learner.
As I mentioned earlier, I had amazing teachers who cared and made sure that the classroom environment is safe for us as learner and this helped me a lot. Then different teachers and different use of approaches helped me understand hard material.
But what maters is that my graduate studies.  I came from design background and continued my education in faculty of education. This shift is majors is not popular in our culture, i had to proof my self and my abilities to everyone and most importantly is my self. This made me committed to my decision that i was reluctant when i took it.

The only thing that I would like to experience during my primary and middle school days is adding more hands on activities, more technology and stations to be more exposed to different approaches but I know it was not in our educational vision. What i, as teacher, do is to make sure that my students are having different activities that tackles different learning styles and approaches. Moreover, what i consider important is to make sure my students are aware of whats going around in the world that they are part of it and they will decide their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment