Thursday, March 3, 2016

what maters is a safe environment

Reflect back on the teachers you considered in the first reflection task at the start of this week. Reconsider what it was about them that made you consider them to be so good. Would others that were taught by them have the same conclusions?

A lot of my teachers along the way i consider them a good teachers, they simply were everything to me. Starting from early classes, i had an amazing homeroom teacher that used to care about our feelings the most. I remember her being involved in everything in our lives and she always followed up on topics that we share.  After that, in my middle school, what i used to consider a good teacher are the teachers that used to use different and interesting methods to deliver the lesson. I remember that English used to be my nightmare until that amazing Student-teacher came and changed my perspective. She used to take us to different places so that we relate, describe and persuade. She was the first teacher that gave us journal writing copy book. Through this journal, i learned a lot about my self and about my friends.Finally in my high school, my physics teacher is my best. I was able to see how things are related to each other and many factor affects the whole situation.

I believe that what i valued in these teachers are things that made me as a learner feels that i am in safe environment, and made thinking visible to be able to think and analyze outside the school context. I was never aware of these things up until I read more about pedagogy and theories of how we learn. So what matters to me might be the same to my colleagues and other students taught with the same teacher. but maybe they have their own reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment